- outputs your Site Feed's URL inside a tag: Seven Jeans, Three Dots Tee Shirts, AG Jeans, Designs By Stephene Denise Novosel's Random Thoughts: Prego in the City

Monday, April 21, 2008

Prego in the City

Prego travel report…

Pre-travel: Woke up at 2:45 am… fell back asleep at 4:00 am, woke back up at 4:45 (alarm is set for 5:30, so there is was no point in going back to bed). 6:45 am…Town car smelling of lingering cigarette smoke and cologne picks me up. Ah… the sensitive prego nose.

Airport check-in:
Get to the airport early, so I can get an aisle seat, the MVP desk told me “it would be no problem to get an aisle seat”. NO Aisle seat. Honestly, what is the point of being an Alaska Air MVP if a 7.5 month pregnant traveler can’t get an aisle seat? And to make matters worse, the check in agent was rude. After being rude to me, she had the nerve to ask me to lift my bag on to the conveyer belt, so I said (in the snottiest tone that I could muster) “I am pregnant, I am not supposed to lift over 35 lbs”. Then I just stood there until she picked up the bag...

In-flight:
Maybe I was tired, hormonal, sleep deprived, or just in a generally foul mood, but the my encounter with the first class flight attendant really tweaked me. I couldn’t use the bathroom at the rear of the plane (bev cart in the aisle), so I went up to first class. The flight attendant ‘instructed’ me to wait in aisle 6, since the bathroom was occupied. I wait… person exits bathroom and another traveler jumps up to use the bathroom. So.. I walk back up there and stand.. again, rude attendant tells me to wait at aisle 6, since first class passengers have priority! OMG!

Prego in the City:

I had quite the eventful trip... here are couple of more excerpts for your reading enjoyment...

Drunk guy tried to pick up on me at the bar at the WHotel bar... now, I know a lot of men aren't detoured by a wedding ring, but what about a wedding ring AND a baby bump? There is a weirdo in every crowd (direct quote from a close friend).

More fun at the W bar...the bartender dropped a bottle of vodka and it went all over me! My face, my hair and my shirt. I guess if I can't drink it, I should wear it?

And last but not least...I was in a taxi that got rear ended. Thankfully, the guy that hit us was going slow, so there were no injuries (except for the bumper). Disaster averted.

Traveling back to SEA:

The flight home is slightly more enjoyable, minus the fact that I had a 7:40 am flight … 4:40 Seattle time, yes, that means I got up at 2:00 am Seattle time! Wait listed for first class, no dice, but at least I had an aisle seat in bulkhead.

Shopping tip:
If you happen to find yourself pregnant and are in need of some fabulous designer maternity clothes, check our Veronique in the Upper East Side. Simply fantastic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home