- outputs your Site Feed's URL inside a tag: Seven Jeans, Three Dots Tee Shirts, AG Jeans, Designs By Stephene Denise Novosel's Random Thoughts: My time off is winding down...

Thursday, October 16, 2008

My time off is winding down...

Where have the last 5 1/2 months gone? Oh yes, we had a darling little girl!

I am more amazed with her everyday. She is such a sweet, happy little girl. People tell you that you will never love anyone as much as you love your child, when you hear this you say "yeah, yeah, whatever..", until you have a child. Coming from someone who didn't think they would be a parent, I can't begin to tell you how true it is.

The summer was a whirlwind and now I only have 18 days until I return to work. I am excited to go back, but I will admit, it is going to say goodbye to my little girl every morning.

Elle is now 12+ pounds. Hard to believe she started out at 3+ lbs. She has been sleeping thru the night for the past two months. You can appreciate this if you have kids. Sleep is an amazing thing!

So, what did we do this summer??

Post baby shape up and slim down was a major priority (still a work in progress). As soon as I received exercise clearance, I was off and running...litterly. I joined Stroller Strides to help get me moving. Thanks to bedrest and a c-section, I went almost 3 months with out exercising. Stroller Strides proved to be an awesome workout. We did lots of running (hills and stairs) and resistance training. The bonus is you have your baby with you in the jogging stroller.

I ran my first post baby 5K with TK in September. We hit all of our goals... beat our time goal, and only walked once. Yes, this is a huge win for someone who hasn't run for almost a year. Now I just need to start training for a half marathon.

We took Elle to Portland and Hood River. We decided to take a road trip, prior to trying air travel. She did great, so I decided to book a trip to Sedona Arizona. Elle's first "girls only" trip. I definitely wasn't the typical girls trip, but we had a great time. Elle hung out at the pool with us (in the shade of course), we took her on a hike, had some great dinners and even took her wine tasting! Thank you KN for your hospitality. WM, great job on your first "baby internship", you are a diaper changing pro!

And last but not least, we've had the opportunity to spend quality time with family and friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home